Johnsons Hotel Linen is one of the UK's leading linen hire suppliers to the hotel industry, servicing high quality Hotels across England and Wales. A Johnson Service Group PLC company. We are seeking an Engineering Manager to lead our team and assist with the smooth running of our production facility in Pwllheli.
The Role: To take full responsibility and accountability for managing an Engineering Team, who will provide multi-skilled engineering and maintenance cover across the entire production facility. Duties will include: -
- Planning and organising all planned preventative maintenance activities, in conjunction with the General Manager;
- Reviewing systems for monitoring the plant and its equipment, to ensure faults are identified quickly, production downtime is minimised, and product quality is consistently maintained;
- Reviewing, monitoring and maintaining safe systems of work for the Engineering team, to ensure all duties are undertaken in line with current health & safety legislation.
- Managing the ordering and storage of spare parts and essential engineering equipment;
- Undertaking daily, weekly and monthly checks for compliance and audit purposes;
- Day to day management of the Engineering team.
- Proven experience working in a similar management role, within a fast-paced production environment;
- A minimum of HNC (or equivalent) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering (or related subject);
- A good understanding of costs, quantities, timescales and contract terms for any work undertaken;
- Proven ability to communicate at all levels;
- Proactive and self-motivated;
- Flexible approach to working hours
As part of a growing PLC, Johnsons Hotel Linen offers a competitive salary, depending on experience, along with the opportunity for long term career prospects.